LANGLADE COUNTY SURVEYOR DUTIES
- Performs all duties required by Wisconsin Statutes Section 59.45 which includes perpetuation of corners that are in danger of being removed because of road construction or re-building.
- Administers the County Remonumentation and Map Filing Program by overseeing the placement of land survey monuments as required by Wisconsin Administrative Code and county ordinances.
- Develops maintenance program for corners of the original government survey. Maintain corner monumentation books and index sheets.
- Conducts field investigations as necessary to verify survey monuments, to make determinations in circumstances where there are conflicting survey records, and to assess future surveying needs within the county.
- Perform records and field search to correct erroneous section and quarter section corners.
- Perform survey work as necessary for the County Forestry Department, Highway Department, and other departments as needed.
- Assists the Land Records Technician and GIS Coordinator with the creation and maintenance of the county's base parcel maps via ESRI ArcMap.
- Assist the general public regarding questions or problems concerning surveying and land boundaries. Perform records search, field search and re-establishment of section or quarter section corner when informed by public that reference and/or corner monument has been disturbed or destroyed.
- Files and indexes all public land survey records and maps of surveys. Assist private surveyors in records search, corner verifications and methods and procedures for recovery or re-establishment of corners of the original government survey.
- Reviews certified surveys, preliminary and final county plats, and preliminary and final state plats to assure compliance with the Langlade County Land Division Ordinance and makes recommendations to the County Zoning Administrator and Water and Land Use Planning Committee.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of contracts for surveying services and oversee the progress, completion, and compensation of the vendor. Perform quality control checks of survey contractors work. This includes contract survey work such as: corner verifications, recovery, re-establishment and perpetuation projects; work to connect sections and quarter corners to county geodetic network; county ordered Assessor's Plats; Global Positioning Systems (GPS) Projects, and others.
- Maintain and distribute to private surveyors, any information on the county geodetic network and coordinate system, including documentation of county established traverse networks.
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of county geodetic network and county coordinate system.
Statutory Duties: Statutory Duties can be found here.
Survey Control Finder: Online records for Langlade County PLSS
Wisconsin Society of Land Surveyors
|Contact:||Dave Tlusty - County Surveyor
Click here to email
|Physical Address:||837 Clermont Street, Antigo, WI, 54409
|Hours:||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM|