Nutrient Management Farmer Education Project
The Land Conservation Department has received a grant for 2021 and 2022 to support farmer developed Nutrient Management Plans.
Farmers who participate in the program are eligible to:
- Recieve a $500 stipend to write your own Nutrient Management Plan
- Get reimbursed for up to $750 of soil testing costs when you write your own Nutrient Management Plan
The Nutrient Management Training 2021 will still be held despite the COVID-19 crisis.
Nutrient Management Planning and SnapPlus for Farmers
Date: March 25-26*
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Possible afternoon session based on demand)
Click here to REGISTER ONLINE
Call (715)627-6292 or email email@example.com to register.
Implementing a nutrient management plan (NMP) is an excellent way to reduce erosion and runoff while increasing profitability on your farm. Learn how to create your own nutrient management plan, how to update your plan, or understand the plan that has been created for your farm.
Day one will be a classroom session on nutrients and nutrient management planning. On day two and three participants will use SnapPlus software to develop a plan for their farm.
Presenters: Dan Marzu, Langlade County Agricultural Agent
There is no fee to attend these workshops.
- An approved 590 NMP for cropland and pastureland is required to claim Farmland Preservation Tax Credit
- Implementing a NMP can reduce the cost of nutrient applications and increase profit on your farm
- It is important to understand your NMP if it has been written by a CCA
- Write your own NMP instead of paying a planner to write one for you. *
- Current soil tests (in excel or .txt format). One test for every five acres is needed.
- Maps of soil tests
- Nutrient application information
- Herd count
- A laptop, if you have one
Address: 840 Clermont Street, Antigo, WI, 54409
*You must attend one of these sessions to be approved to write your own plan.
To main approval to write your own plan you must attend a training every four years.