The use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is used extensively to store geographic related data for cities, counties, and states. Displaying a map and some of its layers is one of the ways which a GIS system can be used to examine a part of the data. We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data. The GIS system online however is not survey grade and has locations where some degree of error takes place. Please pass along any concerns or ideas.
Functions and Duties
- Serve as a member of the Wisconsin Land Information Council as Land Information Officer (LIO)
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the county’s Land Records Modernization Plan required by the State.
- Administer and maintain a computerized, integrated, countywide GIS and LIS.
- Develop GIS Macros, scripts and procedures to automate functions insuring efficient operation of the GIS system.
- Import and convert data supplied by other departments and agencies
- Provide training to County staff in the use and application of GIS systems.
- Assist the public in best practices using County GIS data.
- Maintain the knowledge and skills deemed necessary to proficiently execute the duties of this position.
- Integrate LIDAR data into County GIS systems. LiDAR was flown in 2017 and delivered the Summer of 2018. A new 3d public tool is being developed and will be available late summer 2019 or early fall 2020.
Land Information Officer (LIO) 2020 Update
- Parcel maintenance is ongoing & updated monthly.
- In 2020, A PLSS search tool along with associated files has been added to the County GIS Website as part of a statewide Benchmark.
- A complete dataset to the State of WI yearly as part of the Wisconsin Land Information Program (WLIP)
- A parcel update is sent to the City of Antigo at least quarterly.
- Make LIDAR datasets available to be used by as many agencies and people as possible, one such use is the Contour feature on our GIS Web Portal. With that objective in mind a new tool is forthcoming in 2020.
- The County has participated in the Wisconsin Regional Orthoimagery Consortion (WROC) 2020 flight. Once complete those images will be made available in all of the various online tools.
- Emergency Management Support continues with July 2019 Storm Damage & COVID being two recent requirements.
- A viewing tool from the 2019 storm and link to WI Emergency Managment (WEM) photos is now available.
- County 911 work is ongoing as two new systems and future NG911 (Next Gen 911) efforts require GIS files.
- A COVID 19 Dashboard was developed to assist the Health Department and the Public.
There are approximately 30,000 parcels within the county. When errors are found or questions come to mind please don't hesitate to contact us.
Just a short few years ago the main parcel layer looked something like this.
Missing Townships when version 1 was submitted for 2015
Langlade (North and South)
|Contact:||Joe Martell - GIS Coordinator
Click here to email
|Physical Address:||837 Clermont Street, Antigo, WI, 54409