In 2015, Langlade County adopted a new Farmland Preservation Plan to help guide farmland preservation activities for the next 10 years.
Goal of the Farmland Preservation Plan: To promote working forests and farms.
- Minimize the conversion of agricultural lands and woodlands into other uses
- Encourage retaining large, contiguous, forestry and farmland tracts
- Work to preserve farming as a viable occupation within the county
- Farmland Preservation Zoning
- Agricultural Enterprise Areas (AEAs):
- Antigo Flats
- Evergreen/Wolf River
Farmland Preservation Plan and Maps
Farmland Preservation Tax Credit Fact Sheet
Working Lands Initiative, Farmland Preservation, and Ag. Enterprise Areas Information
Agricultural Performance Standards
Flow chart: Do I qualify for farmland preservation tax credits?