Traffic and Ordinance Violations

***The information on this page does not apply to operating while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or criminal traffic violations.***




I just want to pay my fine: What should I do?

If your citation does not indicate a "Mandatory Appearance," you do not have to appear in court if you pay the fine amount as shown on your citation prior to your court date. The fine may be paid in person at the Langlade County Clerk of Circuit Court's Office or mailed to the Langlade County Clerk of Court's Office.

To make a payment please click here
If you require a payment plan, you must appear in court on your scheduled court date.
We can only accept payments for Langlade County court costs, fines and fees.
***Personal checks over $1,000 will not be accepted. If funds are returned, a $50 NSF charge will be applied.***


I'm worried about the points that may be assessed against my driving record: How do I know if I'm in point trouble?

If you are found guilty of a traffic violation, your driving record may be charged with demerit points. The court will not determine the number of points assessed against your record. The court will merely report the conviction to the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles and the DMV will assess the number of points against your record, depending upon the charge. If you are interested in point reduction classes please contact a technical college.


I wish to plead NOT GUILTY by mail: How do I do this?

If you wish to plead NOT GUILTY without appearing in court on the date written on your citation, write a letter stating that you plead NOT GUILTY. You must include your citation number(s), your current mailing address and your phone number. This letter, called a "not guilty plea", must be received prior to the court date written on the citation. Mail the plea to:
                         Clerk of Circuit Court
                         800 Clermont Street
                         Antigo, WI 54409

You will not hear from the court until after the court date on your citation. At that time you will be mailed a notice for a status conference with the prosecuting agency.
If you send a payment after you have entered a not guilty plea and do not appear you may be found guilty by default.

***Personal checks over $1,000 will not be accepted. If funds are returned, a $50 NSF charge will be applied.***

Petition for IID Exemption
You will file this Petition in the county you were convicted in.