Calendar » Nutrient Management Planning and SnapPlus for Farmers
Nutrient Management Planning and SnapPlus for Farmers
Date: Mar. 25, 2021 - Mar. 26, 2021
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Implementing a nutrient management plan (NMP) is an excellent way to reduce erosion and runoff while increasing profitability on your farm. Learn how to create your own nutrient management plan, how to update your plan, or understand the plan that has been created for your farm.
Dates: March 25-26*
*You must attend all of the sessions to be approved to write your own plan.
To main approval to write your own plan you must attend a training every four years.Presenters: Dan Marzu, Langlade County Agricultural Agent
There is no fee to attend these workshops.
- An approved 590 NMP for cropland and pastureland is required to claim Farmland Preservation Tax Credit
- Implementing a NMP can reduce the cost of nutrient applications and increase profit on your farm
- It is important to understand your NMP if it has been written by a CCA
- Current soil tests (in excel or .txt format). One test for every five acres is needed.
- Maps of soil tests
- Nutrient application information
- Herd count
- A laptop
Location: County Board Room - Langlade County Safety Building
|Address:||840 Clermont Street
Antigo, WI, 54409
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Chris Arrowood
Contact Phone Number: (715)627-6292