Ron Barger - Director
E-mail Ron - mailto:email@example.com
(715) 627-6500 - phone
(715) 627-6295 - fax
Health Service Center
1225 Langlade Road
Antigo, WI 54409
Office hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday
The Department of Social Services is created by Wis. Statutes, prescribing that certain services be provided in each county. The role of a Social Services Department is to protect and assist vulnerable members of the public. The Department exists to "Assist the residents of Langlade County in achieving and maintaining a higher quality of life" and the vision of the agency is to "Continually strive to expand quality services to ensure a positive future for Langlade County".
The Department of Social Services is divided into 2 sections, each providing different types
- Children and Family Services - provides services to maintain children in their homes when safety is reasonably assured; develop or repair a permanent family relationship; foster care licensing, day care certification and child abuse and neglect assessments.
- Economic Support - provides services to eligible residents to overcome barriers to employment; determine eligibility for Foodshare, Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus, Childcare and Wisconsin Home Energy, Assistance Program (WHEAP).
Please Note: Adult Protective Services - is now provided by North Central Health Care which can be reached toll free at 1-855-487-3338 or 715-841-5160 or click this link for more information and click on the "Langlade Health Care Center".
For more information about any of these services,
- Click on the appropriate link above
- Call the Department at (715) 627-6500
- Stop in at 1225 Langlade Road, Antigo, WI
- Non-Discrimination Statement