Where to Apply:
- Marriage licenses are issued in the Langlade County Clerk's Office, Courthouse, Antigo, WI 54409, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The cost is $50.00.
Wisconsin Residents apply in the county where one or both parties have resided for at least 30 days prior to the date of application for marriage license. The license may then be used to marry in any county in the state. Out-of-state residents must apply in the county where the ceremony will take place.
Waiting Period: There is a six day waiting period including the day you applied before the license can be issued. The license is good for the next 30 days.
- Social Security Number
- Proof of residence - such as driver's license with current address.
- Certified copy of birth certificates -- listing person's full names. This can be obtained from the Register of Deeds Office in the county where you were born.
- If this is NOT the first marriage for the applicants, a copy of Judgment of Divorce, legal annulment or death certificate from most recent marriage. Divorced persons may not remarry until six months after the granting of the judgment of divorce, regardless of where the action took place.
- Consent form for persons 16 to 17 years of age (signed by parents or guardian before County Clerk).
- Date and place of marriage ceremony and name of Officiant.
- Both persons must sign before the County Clerk or Deputy when applying for a license.
- $50.00 application fee
It is illegal for Wisconsin residents to marry outside the state to avoid Wisconsin laws.