Department Menu


Economic Support Services

Economic Support services are available to Langlade County residents who meet financial and non-financial criteria.  Services that are available include Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus, Child Care Assistance, Food Share and Energy Assistance.

To apply for any of these services please call 1-888-445-1621 or apply in person at 1225 Langlade Road, Antigo, WI  54409.

IM Central Consortium Brochure


BadgerCare Plus (BC+) is a state/federal program that provides health coverage.  Potential BC+ members include:

  • Children under 19 years of age,
  • Pregnant women,
  • Parents and caretakers of children under 18 years of age or dependent 18 year olds, including some parents and caretaker relatives whose children have been removed from the home and are in the care of the child welfare system, and   
  • Former foster care youth under age 26 who were in out-of-home care when they turned 18, and
  • Effective April1, 2014, adults ages 19-64, not receiving Medicare, who do not meet any of the conditions listed above.


BC+ Family Planning Only Services Program (FPOS Family Planning Only Services) provides limited benefits for family planning services for women and men with income at or below 300% of the FPL (under non-MAGI) or 306% FPL (under MAGI Modified Adjusted Gross Income) and who are:

  • Of child bearing or reproductive age, and
  • Not enrolled in BC+ or receiving other full benefit Medicaid.


Medicaid is a state/federal program that provides health coverage for Wisconsin residents that are elderly, blind or disabled (EBD).  Medicaid is also known as Medical Assistance, MA and Title 19.  Eligibility is based on income and assets.


The child care subsidy provides financial help for families to pay for child care.  (It is not intended to cover the full cost.)  Parent(s) eligible for this assistance can choose any certified or licensed provider to care for their children.  In addition to meeting the financial criteria you must meet at least one of the following eligibility standards:

  • Parent is working
  • Children are under age 13
  • The parent is less than 20 years of age and is enrolled in high school or high school equivalency program
  • The parent is participating in any of the W-2 subsidized employment or training programs:  W-2 Transitions, Trial Jobs, and Community Service Jobs
  • The parent is participating in FoodShare Employment and Training work experience or job search
  • The parent is a W-2 applicant participating in up-front job search, training or orientation activities


Supplement your food budget.  You may qualify for FoodShare to provide assistance in purchasing food for good nutrition.
Individuals who receive FoodShare may have to participate in a work program called FoodShare Employment & Training Program (FSET).

Individuals in this program are provided assistance in developing an employment plan and connecting to activities and services that will help them achieve their employment goal.

You may also apply on-line for FoodShare, Medicaid/BadgerCare Plus, Family Planning Only Services and Child Care at the following website:


Home Energy Plus includes the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) and Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). WHEAP provides assistance for heating costs, electric costs, and energy crisis situations. WAP helps homeowners and renters reduce energy consumption while increasing comfort in their homes.

For more information, contact Langlade County Social Services at (715) 627-6500 or visit

Frequently Asked Questions

General information regarding benefits available through the Economic Support Unit can be located at: or or

Q. How do I apply for benefits:

A. Benefits can be applied for online at: or by calling 1-888-445-1621 or by visiting Langlade County Department of Social Services, 1225 Langlade Road, Antigo, WI 54409.